the quiet, wooded,
neighborhood of Skyscraper Shadows near Hobby Airport, just steps away
from the busy thoroughfare of Telephone Road, there sits a small
Baptist church with a big heart and over 60 years of history. Airway Baptist
Church is a traditional Southern Baptist fellowship with the heart and
feel of a simple country church, squarely located in the suburbs of the
nation's fourth largest city. We sing the great old hymns, we reach out
to children and our neighbors, and we enjoy a
community, family atmosphere with friends and fellow believers. If you
looking to worship the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and to study and
learn His Word and sing His praises in a friendly setting reminiscent
of days gone by, you are more than welcome to stop in and pay us a
visit any time our doors are open!
Opportunities for service:
- Sunday school for adult men & women and
each Sunday morning at 9:45 a.m.
- Morning worship service Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
- Bible study and prayer meeting each Wednesday at 6:30
- Fellowship meal on the first Wednesday of each month
- Business meeting on the second Wednesday of each month
NOTE: The following activities
are currently on hiatus due to current events
- "Young at Heart" Bible study on the 2nd Thursday of
month at 11:00 a.m.
- Men's and women's Bible study the last Thursday of each
month at 7:00 p.m.
- Game Night on the 3rd Friday of each month at 7:00 p.m.